ZEN 3.0.3 is here. Please update your ZEN software now. The new 3.0.3 version is available on GitHub and through the APT repository.
All partners and users of zend’s integrated wallet that holds private keys and has a transparent transaction history must update to version 3.0.3, which includes a fix to the wallet RPC commands, and a minor patch to the rescan functionality.
All partners, node operators, and users that have already updated to version 3.0.0 and are running zend with txindex=1 or addressindex=1 must update to 3.0.1 or higher to ensure proper functionality. If you are running zend 3.0.0 or lower with addressindex=1, a reindex will be needed (alternatively, you can use the -reindexfast command line argument).
As a reminder, if you’re still running version 2.0.24 of zend, please upgrade to version 3.0.3 before the deprecation date (2021-12-01 at block #1047600).
ZEN 3.0.0 Changes
This release introduces Zendoo and has the following changes:
- Introduction of Zendoo Cross-Chain Transfer Protocol (CCTP) via Hard Fork at block height 1047624 (2021-12-01 ~14:00 UTC).
- Support for ARM64 dropped (platforms like Raspberry Pi), it might be added back at a future date.
- Requirement of adx and bmi2 CPU flags (Introduced in Intel Broadwell and AMD Excavator architectures). Official releases published on the APT repository will require these CPU flags going forward.
- –legacy-cpu switch added to ./zcutil/build.sh. Enables building on platforms without adx and bmi2 support. Binary releases for legacy CPUs will be published at https://github.com/HorizenOfficial/zen/releases.
- –enable-address-indexing switch added to ./zcutil/build.sh to enable building with Address Indexing support for block explorers.
ZEN 3.0.1 Changes
- Fix txindex=1 functionality on data directories that haven’t been reindexed using zen >= 3.0.0 #402
- Better detection of requirement to reindex at startup with addressindex=1/maturityheightindex=1
ZEN 3.0.2 Changes
- Fix to wallet RPC commands #409
- Fix edge case exception in LogPrintf when rescanning last blocks on startup
ZEN 3.0.3 Changes
- Improved broadcasting of headers
Please consider the following:
- Users of zencashjs should upgrade to v2.0.1 and follow the migration instructions
- Exchanges and Partners: you will not be able to access your funds until you upgrade to the latest version.
- Pool operators: ZEND will not work and thus you will not be able to mine ZEN until you upgrade to ZEN 3.0.3.
- Node operators: ZEND will not work and thus you will not be eligible to earn ZEN until you upgrade to ZEN 3.0.3.
- Full node wallet users (Swing wallet, Sphere by Horizen): you will not be able to access your funds until you upgrade to the latest wallet version.
With this release, we are introducing sidechain support to our ZenNode network. The Zendoo hard fork is already active on testnet and will activate on mainnet on December 1st, 2021 at block height 1047600.
For enabling chain interoperability (eg. bi-directional coin transfers between mainchain and sidechains) we introduced two new transaction types (-4 and -5). These two transaction types implement the Cross Chain Transfer Protocol.
In order to support our partners in upgrading their existing integrations, we prepared useful guides – listed below – detailing the relevant changes.
Please feel free to reach out to us should you have any questions or need further support.
If you are a Mining Pool, please check this guide:
If you are an Exchange, please check this guide:
If you are using the Zen Block Explorer or zencashjs, please check this guide:
Horizen’s sidechain and scaling solution, Zendoo, is the first completely decentralized and fully customizable sidechain protocol on the market. Horizen’s Sidechain SDK provides all necessary components for the easy and fast deployment of a fully customizable blockchain.