Mandatory Software Upgrade: ZEN 3.1.0 Available Now!
ZEN 3.1.0 is here! The new 3.1.0 version is available on GitHub, through the APT repository, and DockerHub.
The current version of ZEN, 3.0.3, is expected to deprecate (stop running) on 2022-04-05 around 12:00UTC at block #1119000.
All partners must update to version 3.1.0, which includes a modification to the custom field serialization for sidechain creation transactions, introduction of a sidechain version field, and a change of the treasury multisig addresses.
ZEN 3.1.0 Upgrades
This release includes the following:
- A hard fork will activate at Testnet block height #1028900 expected on 2022-03-29 around 15:00 UTC, Mainnet block height #1127000 expected on 2022-04-19 around 12:00UTC, introducing the following changes:
- ‘merkleTree’ and ‘scTxsCommitment’ fields have been added to ‘getblocktemplate’ exposed by optional parameter. PR#432
- ‘GET_SIDECHAIN_VERSIONS’ websocket API has been added to retrieve all the versions for a set of sidechain IDs provided as input. PR#435
- ‘getscgenesisinfo’ RPC command has been extended to include a list of pairs (sidechain_id, sidechain_version) for each certificate published in the sidechain genesis block. PR#437
Please consider the following:
- Users of zencashjs should upgrade to an upcoming version to be released soon, which adds compatibility for serialization of sidechain creation version fields in -4 transactions.
- Exchanges and Partners: you will not be able to access your funds until you upgrade to the latest version.
- Pool operators: ZEND will not work and thus you will not be able to mine ZEN until you upgrade to ZEN 3.1.0. As the coinbase treasury addresses are changing, modifications to mining pool software will be needed. S-nomp and node-stratum-pool have been made compatible with the testnet and mainnet hard forks already.
- Node operators: ZEND will not work and thus you will not be eligible to earn ZEN until you upgrade to ZEN 3.1.0.
- Full node wallet users (Swing wallet, Sphere by Horizen): you will not be able to access your funds until you upgrade to the latest wallet version.
You can download ZEN 3.1.0 here: https://github.com/HorizenOfficial/zen/releases/tag/v3.1.0
Horizen’s sidechain and scaling solution, Zendoo, is the first completely decentralized and fully customizable sidechain protocol on the market. Horizen’s Sidechain SDK provides all necessary components for the easy and fast deployment of a fully customizable blockchain.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter, Discord, and Facebook for release updates and other Horizen news.