ZenCash Arizen Update to Support Z Addresses and Transactions for Secure Node Operators
ZenCash has released an update to the Arizen API wallet. The update allows Arizen to support Z Addresses and Transactions for Secure Node Operators.
Users who already have Arizen installed will automatically be updated to v1.1.7. Users who have not installed Arizen can download it from ZenCash’s GitHub.
This update includes improvements such as:
- Support for sending Z transactions and addresses (only available for secure node operators)
- All private keys for T addresses are held only in Arizen
- All private keys for Z addresses are synchronized from your secure node into Arizen and vice versa
- Added items in Settings menu for configuring the connection to secure nodes
- Send Z-Z and Z-T with your secure node. In order to be able to send Zen to a Z address, your secure node details will need to be set in your settings.
- Import and export private keys of your Z addresses
Secure Node operators will also have added items in the settings menu to configure the connection to their nodes.
For instance, zend can receive RPC calls. Using these calls Arizen can receive and send Zen. Settings 3,4,5 are related to the RPC functionality. RPC calls are unencrypted, so to avoid any information leakage, an extra layer is used (SSH tunneling). Using settings 1,2,6,7, Arizen establishes an encrypted SSH tunnel to the secure node. So data is protected.
Instructions to Configure Secure Node Settings:
- Secure Node FQDN = mynode.example.com
- SSH username, password, and port used (to access your VPS)
- if rpcport=18231 (in zen.conf), then Secure Node Port is 18231
- Secure Node Username (in zen.conf)
- Secure Node Password (in zen.conf)
- forwardTimeout: How many millisecond to wait before reject with a timeout error. Use default 10000.
- readyTimeout – integer – How long (in milliseconds) to wait for the SSH handshake to complete. Use default 10000.
T-T-Z transaction via Secure Node
Z-T Transaction via secure node
Z-Z Transaction via secure node
For the full list of updates included in this new version on Arizen, check out the Version History on Github.