Horizen Faucet – Weekly Update Blog
The Horizen team is dedicated to transparency and creating a positive user experience for our community.
We created the Weekly Faucet Update Blog to ensure that our community can easily find the latest information regarding the latest updates to our faucet. Each week we will update the blog with the latest information and updates to the faucet!
Faucet Update 4/17/20
- This week we introduced the new Sweet HODL! Bonus. This feature allows you to earn extra Faucet rewards for staking your hard earned ZEN! To learn more about this exciting feature, please read our entire blog post here:
- We are continuing to work on improving our language support for the Faucet – and working on improving our internal process to make sure that all languages are updated in a timely manner.
Faucet Update 4/10/20
- This week we focused on improving the user flow for address verification. Some changes we’ve made include:
- Reminder that you must use the newest version of Sphere
- An updated Claim Screen with a reminder that wallet verification is necessary for instant withdrawal
- New videos uploaded with voice-over to make it easier for users to understand.
- We are looking into improving our language support process. We’ve added many new features to the Faucet, but haven’t yet updated the language for those features.
- Our New Claim Screen was deployed this week and looks amazing. It’s much easier to see which bonuses you’re earning, and which you can work toward.
Faucet Update 4/03/20
- This was a huge week for the Horizen Faucet. We’ve introduced address verification functionality, which is taking our platform to the next level.
- All community members can now verify their address and receive a 1.5x bonus.
- Verifying your address requires you to sign a message. Message signing functionality was introduced in the BTC protocol, and is a secure way to prove ownership of an address without revealing a private key.
- To sign a message, you will need to use a wallet where you own your private key, such as MyZenWallet of Sphere by Horizen. Owning your private key is core to the crypto ethos of safety and protection. To verify your address, simply follow the instructions on the “Extra Rewards” page.
- In addition to a 1.5x bonus, verified wallets will allow you to have instant withdrawals from the Faucet. If you do not verify your address, you will receive your funds once a week, on Monday 1 UTC.
- We hope that everyone engages in safe crypto, and verifies their wallet today!
- Lastly, we introduced a beautiful new “Extra Rewards” page, where you can see all of your bonuses in one place. Thanks to Horizen’s awesome design team for the help.
Faucet Update 3/13/20
- Built the back-end to support added bonuses for wallet verification. Next week we will launch “verified wallet” feature, which allows users to get instant withdrawal and 1.5x rewards.
- Started researching the HODL Bonus feature. This feature, scheduled to launch at the beginning of April, will give users an added bonus if the HODL their ZEN in a verified wallet.
Faucet Update 3/06/20
- Added Brave Faucet Rewards. Users who use privacy oriented Brave Browser will now receive an additional 20%. Download Brave Now
- Updated fraud detection measures
- Updated HelpDesk tools for easier ticket classification
Faucet Update 2/27/20
- New login and registration support for Twitter and LinkedIn
- We adjusted the bonus round reward to reflect your social multiplier
- We’ve added WhatsApp contact information to the Faucet page
- We’ve re-designed the menu bar for easier navigation
- We’ve re-adjusted our social multiplier to (0.2x, 1x, 1.2x, 1.9x). This is still a huge increase in rewards for users who authenticate their accounts via social media.
The Faucet is a new project and it will take us time to optimize the rewards and incentives. We appreciate your support and patience as our team tests new features and improve the system.
Be sure to claim your free ZEN daily on the Horizen Faucet!
Do you have any questions or comments? Feel free to send us your feedback on Facebook, Twitter, and Discord!