TokenMint was originally designed and built by the Horizen Ecosystem team as a POC (proof-of-concept) sidechain, called Tokenchain, to test the scalability and durability of the Horizen network. TokenMint was a live proof of concept that permitted the team to build Horizen EON, and now that Horizen EON is successfully running, the time to deprecate TokenMint is now.
As part of the deprecation, all TokenMint users will need to remove their $ZEN from the sidechain before the deprecation date to avoid loss of funds.
- Wednesday, February 21st, 2024 – TokenMint Testnet will be Deprecated
- Wednesday, March 6th, 2024 – TokenMint Mainnet will be Deprecated
To move $ZEN off of TokenMint, users can simply send their ZEN from their Cobalt Wallet to a Horizen mainchain address.
Warning: ZEN can only be sent to Horizen Mainchain Sphere addresses from Cobalt. Sending ZEN to another Horizen Mainnet address outside of Sphere could lead to a loss of funds.
Please open a ticket on our Discord server with any questions or concerns during the deprecation period and please be sure to REMOVE your ZEN from TokenMint BEFORE March 6th, 2024, as the funds will be permanently lost after that date.
How to Send ZEN to the Horizen Mainchain from Cobalt Wallet
- Open your Cobalt Wallet and make sure you are connected to the TokenMint chain.
- In the Assets and Activity page, click the ZEN row. The page now allows you to send ZEN. It displays the current amount available.
- Click the up arrow to send a transaction.
- In the Send to field, enter the desired address you want to send the ZEN to. This field will display an error, if you enter an invalid address.
- In the Amount field, enter the amount of the ZEN you want to send.
- In the password field, enter your password to complete the transaction.
- Click Submit. The Sent flag appears indicating that the transaction is successful.
- Click Back to display the transaction activity. The Send page appears. If the transaction is pending, a notification will appear stating that the last pending transaction for this address has not been confirmed. Note that it can take up to 72 hours for the transaction to show on the destination wallet, even if the transaction is confirmed on the TokenMint explorer.