The exciting mainnet launch of Horizen EON is around the corner! EON is our Ethereum Virtual Machine compatible sidechain, and we are performing some functional and security-related changes to ensure a smooth transition toward mainnet launch.
In particular, we are:
- Increasing the security of the network by changing some of the fee parameters.
- Implementing fixes to bugs that surfaced through our ongoing Bug Bounty program.
The changes will be implemented on Tuesday, June 13, 2023. Please note that these changes will not affect any user balances or smart contracts deployed on Gobi.
This communication is purely informational. There is no action required by any Gobi testnet smart contract developers.
Some important information
- Gobi Hard fork activation is scheduled to happen during consensus epoch 624. Estimated time is June 13th 16:20 CET.
- What do I need to do if I’m running a node?
Please pull the latest version of https://github.com/HorizenLabs/compose-evm-testnet-simplified/tree/0.1.0-SNAPSHOT8, checkout tag ‘0.1.0-SNAPSHOT8’ and run “docker compose up -d” to upgrade your node.
- What will happen if I don’t upgrade my node in time?
Your node will be unable to synchronize new blocks. As soon as you upgrade the node it should start functioning normally again.