All exchange partners, mining pools, node operators, and full node wallet users must upgrade to ZEN 4.1.0 before block #1422426, which will occur on Sep 19th, 2023 at approximately 19:00 UTC.DOWNLOAD ZEN 4.1.0 NOW
ZEN 4.1.0 will perform a network upgrade on the Horizen mainnet via Hard Fork at block #1426200 which will occur Sep 26th, 2023 at approximately 10:00 UTC.
- Related to ZenIP-42204 to remove shielded transactions with transparent inputs from the Horizen Mainchain
- Shielding of Coinbase transactions will not be possible anymore once the hard fork activates.
- Coinbase transactions continue to mature after 100 confirmations of blocks.
- The Community Fund, Secure Node and Super Node addresses will be rotated with this Hard Fork. See Table Below. *Vout addresses changes
An update of s-nomp for mining pools using it will be required for compatibility with 4.1.0.
- requireShielding in the coin configuration will have to be set to false once the Hard Fork activates
- Coinbase reward addresses for Community Fund, Secure Node and Super Node will change with the Hard Fork
If you are not using s-nomp as your mining pool software, please refer to this example pull request for the required changes
Updated wallets incorporating changes for compatibility will be provided with the Mainnet release in September.
Next Deprecation will happen at block #1466716 which will occur Dec 6th, 2023 at approximately 14:00 UTCDOWNLOAD ZEN 4.1.0 NOW
ZEN 4.1.0 Main New Features
|Shielded Pool Deprecation||ZenIP-42204|
|Mempool Limit||Security restriction to avoid abnormal mempool growth.|
Added strict limit to the size of the mempool
Default: 400 MB
|P2P Alert System Removal||Deprecated due to non-usage|
|P2PK||Index Pay 2 Public Key Transactions in Explorer.|
Restart Zend with -reindexfast to include P2PK transactions in the explorer index.
|HorizenDAO||Was approved and merged the ZenIP-42203 proposed late in December, to further decentralize the Horizen ecosystem via the upcoming launch of a DAO. This will give the community more involvement in ecosystem governance.|
|The Community Fund, Secure Node and Super Node addresses will be rotated with the Hard Fork.|
See Table Below. *Vout addresses changes
*Vout addresses changes
If you have any questions or you need further support , please reach out to us on our Discord.