The ZenCash Secure Node development and operations team is moving the Beta testing from testnet to mainnet on November 30th. This brings Secure Nodes one step closer to production with payments.
The maintenance will be done on the existing server clusters, which were designed to move from testnet beta to mainnet beta, mainnet beta with payments, then mainnet production. This is a deliberate process that is being done to plan.
The current servers operating the beta testing on ZenCash testnet will be put into maintenance at about 16:00 UTC. There is a migration plan in progress, with steps, testing, and verification checks along the way. The server reconfiguration, testing, and operational upgrade work is expected to take 12 hours. It may take more, or less
What Node Operators Need To Do to change to ZenCash Mainnet
These steps can be performed while the tracking servers are down.
Stop the secure node tracker application. Depending on how this was set up, one of these methods should work:
- Screen session: return to it with screen -r, stop with ctrl-c, then type exit)
- Operating as a daemon using pm2: pm2 status, then pm2 stop securenodetracker
Stop the zend process and restart
- Stop zend application and verify stopped (either type zen-cli stop or sudo monit stop zend)
- Remove or comment out testnet=1 in the node’s zen.conf
- Verify TCP port 9033 is open on the firewall (sudo ufw status will show firewall status)
- Start zend and let it sync to the main blockchain. This will take time. (type zend or sudo monit start zend)
Update the tracker application to the version which supports mainnet
- The tracker app needs to be updated to version 0.1.0. Previous versions will no longer work.
- Follow the tracker update instructions on the github site. Do not start the tracker yet.
Prepare personal ZenCash for the changeover
- On the secure node
- Create a shielded address
- Verify transparent address exists on node
- On your personal zencash wallet:
- Send about 1 ZEN to node shielded address – use 4-5 small transactions
- Create a new t_address and send it 42 ZEN – to use as your stake
Verify the zen node has the full blockchain
- Check against current blockchain height at https://explorer.horizen.io/
- Once zen node has the full blockchain, verify zen balance in shielded address.
Wait until Tracking Servers are upgraded and ready, then start Node Tracker App.
- Screen session: create a screen with screen, go to tracker directory, then start it)
- Operating as a daemon using pm2: pm2 status, then pm2 start securenodetracker
There is no advantage to be one of the first nodes to connect: any time December 1st or shortly after is fine.
Mainnet Beta Information
The entire system will be in beta on mainnet with the intent to stress test the servers and address any new issues that come up as the load on the system grows. Once the servers have stabilized (target is two weeks), payment creation and processing will be enabled.
Payouts should begin within a few days of the first payment earnings created. This will be announced also!
Background on ZenCash
ZenCash is an exciting new cryptocurrency with a solid technological foundation, unique capabilities, an active and capable team, ongoing funding for improvements, and a large, positive, encouraging community.
It is available and trading now on Bittrex, Cryptopia, Coss.io, and Bisq, has wallets available that implement the advanced private transaction and messaging capability, and has a strong roadmap for future improvements.
The goal of ZenCash is to create a usable private cryptocurrency operating on a resilient system for people and businesses worldwide, enabling the daily use of private transactions, messaging, and publishing by people everywhere, all the time.
ZenCash Website – https://www.horizen.io/
ZenCash Blog – https://blog.horizen.io
ZenCash Github – https://github.com/HorizenOfficial
ZenCash Forum – https://www.reddit.com/r/Horizen/
ZenCash Twitter – https://twitter.com/horizenglobal
ZenCash Software Development Roadmap – https://trello.com/b/C0L7hGCV/development-roadmap
ZenCash Block Explorer – https://explorer.horizen.io/
ZenCash Secure Node Tracking and Payment System – https://securenodes.zensystem.io/
ZenCash YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/horizen
ZenCash Telegram – https://t.me/horizencommunity
ZenCash Discord – https://www.horizen.io/invite/discord
ZenCash on Bitcointalk – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2047435.0
ZenCash IRC channel #zencash – join at https://kiwiirc.com/
ZenCash Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/horizenglobal
ZenCash Blog on Medium – https://medium.com/horizen
Buy or Sell ZenCash
ZenCash on CoinMarketCap – https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/horizen/