The new version ZEN 4.2.0-rc1 is available to download on GitHub and via Docker.
- 4.2.0-rc1 is a Testnet pre-release candidate in anticipation of the release of ZEN 4.2.0 to Mainnet later next January 2024.
- Pre-release 4.2.0-rc1 will perform a network upgrade on Public Testnet via Hard Fork at block #1396500, on January 3rd, 2024 at approximately 12:00 PM UTC.
- Only nodes running on Public Testnet have to be updated.
- IMPORTANT: 4.2.0 is expected to be released in January and go live on Mainnet in February 2024. Once active it will not be possible anymore to unshield funds from private addresses to normal transparent addresses using Sphere by Horizen. Unshielding will still be possible to P2SH (multisignature) addresses, but the process to do so will be more involved.
- Because of this, we recommend that all users with existing funds in private addresses unshield their funds to their own transparent addresses in Sphere by Horizen before February 2024. Unshielding funds directly to exchange deposit addresses is strongly discouraged.
Main Features (from 4.1.1 to 4.2.0-rc1):
|Shielded Pool Deprecation:
|PR #624 is a follow-up in the gradual path of shielded pool deprecation, it introduces a hard fork requiring the unshielding of private funds to target only script addresses. After the hard fork, unshielding to P2PKH addresses or to P2PK addresses will not be allowed. For this reason, the following RPC commands have been (partially) deprecated: z_sendmany and z_mergetoaddress (check inline documentation for additional details).
Please let us know if you have any questions or if you need further support by reaching out to us on our Discord.