New ZEN software (2.0.15) is available for download today, September 28th, 2018.
[themify_box color=”light-yellow”]All mining pools, node operators, and Swing wallet users must upgrade to ZEN 2.0.15 prior to block 392512 which will occur around midnight on October 10th.[/themify_box]
ZEN 2.0.15 replaces the current version 2.0.14, which is set to deprecate (no longer run). The major focus is on updating the Bitcoin Consensus algorithm. This is not a hard fork.
New binaries have been released. Please update your ZEN software before October 10th. The new 2.0.15 version will be available at https://github.com/ZencashOfficial/zen/releases/latest or through the APT repository by end of day 9/27/2018.
Update instructions can be found here: https://zencash.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ZEN/pages/7537185/Upgrade+zend+daemon+using+apt
Swing wallet is available here: https://zencash.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ZEN/pages/7176693/ZENCashWallet+Swing+Wallet+-+Backup+Upgrade+and+Troubleshooting
UPDATES ON ZEN 2.0.15
- Update to the Bitcoin Consensus algorithm
- Update RPC commands/thread names/messages with new Horizen name
- Update Horizen logo
- Fix erroneous log messages on wallet rescan
What happens if you do not upgrade before October 10th?
- Miners and node operators: ZEND will not work and thus you will not be able to earn ZEN until you upgrade to ZEN 2.0.15
- Swing wallet users: You will not be able to access your funds until you upgrade to the latest Swing wallet version.
Enhanced Consensus Now On Testnet-Help Us Test! – Sept. 7th,2018
ZenCash: A Proposal To Fight Against The 51% Attack – Jun 14th,2018
Zen Is Antifragile: Beyond A 51% Attack – Jun 6th,2018
ZenCash Statement On Double Spend Attack – Jun 3rd,2018