Software Upgrade: ZEN 2.0.15
New ZEN software (2.0.15) is available for download today, September 28th, 2018.
ZEN 2.0.15 replaces the current version 2.0.14, which is set to deprecate (no longer run). The major focus is on updating the Bitcoin Consensus algorithm. This is not a hard fork.
New binaries have been released. Please update your ZEN software before October 10th. The new 2.0.15 version will be available at https://github.com/HorizenOfficial/zen/releases or through the APT repository by end of day 9/27/2018.
Update instructions can be found here: https://zencash.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ZEN/pages/7537185/Upgrade+zend+daemon+using+apt
Swing wallet is available here: https://zencash.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ZEN/pages/7176693/ZENCashWallet+Swing+Wallet+-+Backup+Upgrade+and+Troubleshooting
UPDATES ON ZEN 2.0.15
- Update to the Bitcoin Consensus algorithm
- Update RPC commands/thread names/messages with new Horizen name
- Update Horizen logo
- Fix erroneous log messages on wallet rescan
What happens if you do not upgrade before October 10th?
- Miners and node operators: ZEND will not work and thus you will not be able to earn ZEN until you upgrade to ZEN 2.0.15
- Swing wallet users: You will not be able to access your funds until you upgrade to the latest Swing wallet version.
Enhanced Consensus Now On Testnet-Help Us Test! – Sept. 7th,2018
ZenCash: A Proposal To Fight Against The 51% Attack – Jun 14th,2018
Zen Is Antifragile: Beyond A 51% Attack – Jun 6th,2018
ZenCash Statement On Double Spend Attack – Jun 3rd,2018