Mandatory Software Upgrade: Download ZEN 2.0.18 Now
Last updated July 24, 2019 – Please update to ZEN software (2.0.18) now!
ZEN 2.0.18 replaces the current version 2.0.17, which has deprecated (no longer runs).
The focus of this version is the RPC method ‘getblockfinalityindex’ update. This update informs the user after how many blocks a transaction can be considered safe without the possibility of being reverted. In addition, the update adds a check block at height safety control for orphaned blocks, preventing mistakes in raw transaction creation.
The next software upgrade (2.1.0) will bring the full implementation of Sapling and other features to be announced. The release was postponed due to a known denial of service bug in upstream Sapling.
Please update the following software now:
- ZEN 2.0.18: https://github.com/HorizenOfficial/
- Alternatively, the new 2.0.18 version is available through the APT repository, see instructions HERE
- Swing wallet: Download
- Sphere by Horizen: Download
- See upgrade instructions and changelog HERE
UPDATES ON ZEN 2.0.18
- Update RPC method ‘getblockfinalityindex’
- Check block at height safety control for orphaned blocks
You must update your ZEN software now.
What happens if you did not upgrade before the 23rd of July?
- Exchanges and Partners: you will not be able to access your funds until you upgrade to the latest version.
- Pool operators: ZEND will not work and thus you will not be able to mine ZEN until you upgrade to ZEN 2.0.18.
- Node operators: ZEND will not work and thus you will not be eligible to earn ZEN until you upgrade to ZEN 2.0.18.
- Full node wallet users (Swing wallet, Sphere by Horizen): you will not be able to access your funds until you upgrade to the latest wallet version.
Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you for your continued support!