ZEN 2.0.24 is available for download. Please update your ZEN software before October 26th. The new 2.0.24 version is now available at https://github.com/HorizenOfficial/zen/releases/tag/v2.0.24 or through the APT repository.
This version of our software will be shorter and it will be set to deprecate in early December 2021.
WHAT ARE THE UPDATES IN ZEN 2.0.24?
This release is an interim update in preparation for the next release supporting Zendoo and has the following changes:
- Shorter deprecation period of this release (deprecates Dec. 1st)
- Change of build system from Ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04 as 16.04 is now EOL (deb packages will only install on >= 18.04). End of support for Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial and Debian Jessie. Requires update to Ubuntu 18.04 (or above) or Debian Buster (or above)
- luisantoniocrag: Fix RPC help messages
- Update OpenSSL to v1.1.1l
With the next release (mid-November) which includes Zendoo support, please note the following:
- Drops support for ARM64 (platforms like Rasberry Pi). This support may return in a future release
- Drops support for older CPUs. CPU must have flags +bmi2 +adx (Introduced in Intel Broadwell and AMD Excavator architectures, check with cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep “bmi2|adx”)
Please consider the following:
- Exchanges and Partners: you will not be able to access your funds until you upgrade to the latest version.
- Pool operators: ZEND will not work and thus you will not be able to mine ZEN until you upgrade to ZEN 2.0.24.
- Node operators: ZEND will not work and thus you will not be eligible to earn ZEN until you upgrade to ZEN 2.0.24.
- Full node wallet users (Swing wallet, Sphere by Horizen): you will not be able to access your funds until you upgrade to the latest wallet version.
As we are approaching our release of Zendoo to Mainnet, we would like to make you aware that a public testnet will be available soon. This network is for anyone in the world (partners, community members, mining pools) who would like to test our protocol upgrades and new features added. More information about this will be provided by the Horizen team soon.
Please let us know if you have any questions or you need further support.
Horizen’s sidechain and scaling solution, Zendoo, is the first completely decentralized and fully customizable sidechain protocol on the market. Horizen’s Sidechain SDK provides all necessary components for the easy and fast deployment of a fully customizable blockchain.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter, Discord, and Facebook for release updates and other Horizen news.