It’s the end of the first quarter of 2018. The markets are bleeding red, the crypto industry is in a panic, and Bitcoin is “dead” once again. The noise can be tough when teams are working hard to deliver the promise of a peaceful revolution that has the potential to disrupt the world as we know it. Borderless systems that enable a sort of start-up nation where people can opt-in to transact and communicate freely and peacefully.
Let’s get to business.
Forget the noise, forget the red, and get working. Times likes this are opportunities to exam what is working, what is not, to refine, and to thrive. My advice is to look at metrics to evaluate progress and success beyond the sticker price.
Teams. Projects. Deliveries.
Having the right team and talent pool is critical to take projects to actual deliveries. Being able to support the talent pool and continue growth is absolutely necessary in tough times. Luckily at ZenCash, our funding model enables us to continue growing despite market conditions.
Actions speak louder than words–relevant for more than dating.
Every 2 weeks, ZenCash holds “board meetings” or Biweekly Calls that are open to any stakeholder where users receive the latest information and are able to ask questions to the team. We do this because we believe in transparency and want our users’ feedback.
While we have these reviews, it’s good to consolidate our activities. I previously wrote about 2017 activities and 2018 projections in Thriving in a Rapid-Fire Industry— boy it feels that way right now!
2018 is the year of expansion for ZenCash. We have a lot of challenges ahead of us, but we are confident we’ll work through them. Let’s check out what we’ve done so far!
Usability | Transparency | Innovation
ZenCash Growth in 2018
- Announced partnership with IOHK for research and development in 2 very important projects.
1. A programmatic DAO Treasury and Voting system
2. A scaling study to evaluate next generation blockchain solutions
- Continued blockchain maintenance and testing upstream improvements
- Completed the design for Secure Node version 2
- Continued improvements on wallets
- Full client – Swing
- Lite client – Arizen
- Mobile – Android
- Paper wallet
- Web wallet
- Began Secure Node payouts to operators
- Continued refining Secure Node tracker system
- Completed Ledger hardware wallet integration; in the Ledger queue
- Began Trezor and other hardware wallet integration
- Released community sourced logo
- Released new website design!
- Transitioned to zencash.com
- ZenCash used in multiple ICOs as payment
- Began development of multiOS Flagship wallets for desktop, mobile, web
- Began design of Crypto Noob multi-coin mobile wallet
- Beta test of the FIRST CRYPTO helpdesk with actual HUMANS
- Exchange listing: OKEX! ZenCash available to China market
- Expanded ZenCash team
- Reorganization into 7 professional divisions
- Engineering – most stacked division
- Business Development – grow the organization
- Research and Development – forward looking technology
- Marketing – promotion and growth
- Finance – maintaining the books, budgeting, and forecasting
- Operations – keeps the business together
- User Experience – users are a priority
- Bitco ATMs in Colombia partnership
- Began OpenBazaar integration
- Purchase ZenCash with your credit card – Indacoin integration
- Began in house research
- All of this while our team was all over the world
- World Crypto Economic Forum in San Francisco, USA
- Anarcapulco in Acapulco, Mexico
- Global Fintech & Blockchain Forum in Moscow, Russia
- Crypto Asset Conference in Frankfurt, Germany
- Blockchain Spring School Meetup in Mittweida, Germany
- Winnipeg Cryptocurrency Meetup in Winnipeg, Canada
- Guatemala Meetup in Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Crypto Investor Show in London, UK
- ZenCash Meetup in Monterrey, Mexico
- Cambridge Meetup in Cambridge, USA
- Front-range Cryptocurrency Meetup in Denver, Colorado
- USC: Blockchain Explained in Columbia, USA
- Network of Kenyans in Nairobi, Kenya
- Multiple meetups in Seoul, Korea