ZenCash Software Updates: ZEND and Secure Nodes Tracker
Zen 2.0.11 Software Update
All users running the ZEND and ZenCash Swing Wallet software must update to Zen 2.0.11 by April 10th.
The ZenCash software update includes:
- Fixed block index issues affecting swing wallet
- Added z_shieldcoinbase rpc command
- Added generated field to listunspent output showing coinbase utxo
- Updated zen logo
- Build on MacOS High Sierra fixed
Versions older than 2.0.10 may continue to run, but will not be eligible for payments following April 10. All operators will need to complete the ZEN 2.0.11 software update by this date. Version checks will be enforced on the Secure Node tracking server.
See below for instructions on how to upgrade Zen to 2.0.11 on Windows, Linux, and Mac. Updating the ZenCash Swing Wallet will automatically update ZEND.
- To update your ZenCash Swing Wallet, first remove the “ZENCashDesktopGUIWallet.exe” file from the installation folder.
- Next, download the latest zip-archive file from the ZenCash Official GitHub.
- Unpackage the file into the current installation folder to overwrite any existing files. The update is now complete.
*You may also want to update any shortcuts you have on your desktop.
On Ubuntu Linux
- Updating your ZenCash Swing Wallet on Linux is done like any other update. Simply, run the following:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
- If you only want to update the ZENCash Swing Wallet, use the following command:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install –only-upgrade zen zencash-desktop-gui-wallet
- To update your ZenCash Swing Wallet on a Mac, download the latest dmg-file from the ZenCash Official GitHub.
- Double click the file once it’s done.
- Drag and drop “ZENCashWallet’ to your Applications folder and confirm that you want to overwrite the existing file.
- You will receive a warning message notifying you that the application is downloaded from the internet. Click Open and the updated ZenCash Swing Wallet will run.
Secure Node Update Instructions
To update ZEN from source, perform a build with the latest release from the repository: https://github.com/HorizenOfficial/zen
Or if ZEN was installed from the apt repository be sure to update and upgrade via apt-get and restart zend on every secure node.
- sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y
- zen-cli stop (wait 8 seconds)
Secure Node Tracker Software Upgrade
ZenCash recently reached 8,000+ secure nodes in just 3 months since its initial launch in December 2017. In order to remain active, all secure node operators will need to update their nodes to ZEN 2.0.11 by April 10. The previous version has a built-in deprecation feature, meaning the nodes will stop working at block 290076.
As a reminder, the tracking application should already have been updated to Tracker Version 0.2.1. The tracker app is installed on a secure node to allow it to communicate with the zensystem.io tracking server. It provides data to the server about the secure node and performs compliance challenges. Nodes that are in compliance receive 3.5% of the block rewards. Any nodes running previous versions of the tracker stopped being eligible for payments as of February 16.
Step-by-step instructions for the tracking application update are available on the ZenCash GitHub here: https://github.com/HorizenOfficial/secnodetracker
For more information about ZenCash secure nodes, visit https://blog.horizen.io/secure-nodes-why-are-they-important/
April 3, 2018 @ 4:01 pm
the instructions don’t use sudo to stop or start zend, just to upgrade the applications.
Although I was just informed that when first posted, that’s what the instructions said. Thank you for pointing out the error in the original post – we fixed it.
April 9, 2018 @ 4:43 pm
Hi, I pulled all the latest changes for zen, build it and run it again but the version of zen remained the same. Can someone help me please. Thanks
January 16, 2019 @ 2:12 am
I appreciate to blogger for wonderful post. wil definetly share this blog to my group.