The Cobalt wallet is Horizen’s new web extension wallet that enables you to create, receive, and send tokens on TokenMint!
In this guide, we show you how to send ZEN to your Cobalt wallet to process your transactions and create your own tokens. ZEN is used as gas for TokenMint transactions.
The TokenMint platform is designed to provide a seamless, simple, and intuitive user experience. In the alpha version, there are four components available to launch your token:
- TokenMint Chain – a sidechain built on the Horizen network
- Token Generator – a web app that allows a streamlined and easy process for anyone to create and mint a fungible token with custom tokenomics.
- Cobalt wallet – a web browser extension wallet that stores and manages tokens created on TokenMint
- TokenMint Block explorer – a block explorer that tracks and displays all transactions on the TokenMint Chain.
Send ZEN to a Cobalt wallet
When sending ZEN from your Sphere wallet to a Cobalt wallet, you are actually sending a transaction to a sidechain.
Before you begin the send transaction, make sure that you have the Cobalt wallet’s address to send ZEN and the password to confirm the transaction.
Perform the following steps:
1. In your Sphere Wallet, click on the wallet you wish to send ZEN from.
2. Select the appropriate address by clicking on the info icon to copy it.
There are two icons: one to Receive and the other to Send.
3. Click the Send icon. (Red Up Arrow) The Send page appears.
4. Make sure that the Sidechain transaction toggle is enabled, which displays the Sidechain field.
5. In the Sidechain field, use the pull-down menu to select the appropriate sidechain.
6. In the Send to field, paste the Cobalt wallet’s address.
7. In the Amount field, enter the amount of ZEN you want to send.
8. In the Transaction Fee pane, the Standard radio button is enabled by default. Click Custom if you want to specify a custom fee.
9. Optionally, in the Description field, enter a brief statement about this transaction.
10. Click Confirm. Then enter the wallet password to confirm the field appears.
Note: If you enter the wrong password, an error message will appear.
11. Enter your Sphere wallet password. The Send page displays a success notification.
12. Click View on Blockchain to verify that the transaction is successful. The Block Explorer webpage appears.
13. Click the Search button on the top of the page using the search criteria of address, transaction, or blocks if your transaction is not displayed.
14. Check the Cobalt wallet for the newly received transaction. You should see a transaction of received ZEN from Horizen mainchain.
For questions, support, and lively chats, join our #🌿︱tokenmint-chat on our Discord