Mandatory Software Upgrade: ZEN 4.0.0 is Available to Download
The latest release of our ZEN software 4.0.0 is available for download.
The new version ZEN 4.0.0 is available to download on GitHub, in the APT Repository and via Docker.
This release includes new key features and introduces a hard fork
- A hard fork to support V2 sidechains (See V2 Sidechain New Features) will activate at block #1363115, which will occur on June 7th, 2023 at approximately 13:00 UTC.
- ZEN 4.0.0 sets the upcoming deprecation date to block #1422426, which will occur on September 19th, 2023 at approximately 12:00 PM UTC.
Note: Zend 4.0.0 is the last version of Zend supporting Ubuntu Bionic. Future releases of Zend will only support Ubuntu Focal or newer, as Ubuntu Bionic is End of Life starting May 31, 2023.
Main V2 Sidechain New Features:
- Non-ceasable Sidechains: The Horizen mainchain verifies each sidechain and ensures its integrity. Unlike traditional sidechains that have a limited time to produce a valid proof to keep exchanging information with the Horizen mainchain, sidechains declared as V2 and non-ceasable don’t share this constraint. The certificate can arrive at any time. Non-ceasing sidechains makes the verification process more flexible and frictionless without compromising the security of the system.
- Key Rotation: A security enhancement that gives the ability to sign transactions and certificates using keys that are not stored locally, that are instead in a separate trusted execution environment
- One Version: Starting from this version, Bitcore versions of Zen binaries will no longer be released. There will be only one version, which includes the AddressIndexing features (previously included in bitcore version).
Meanwhile, the EON sidechain is already live on testnet check it out! We take this opportunity to also thank everyone for the continued support.
Please let us know if you have any questions or you need further support.