Communities play an important role in any blockchain and crypto projects. Community members became project ambassadors and were the first to spread the word about these new revolutionary technologies. In this article, see how Horizen leverages its community thanks to its ambassador program.
Blockchain and crypto projects rely on their communities.
It is due to the precursory character of these technologies. They are too avant-garde for the mainstream media and too complicated for the general public. It took communities to be able to take an interest in emerging projects and to promote them more widely.
Take bitcoin, for example. One of its strengths is drawn from its original community, the cypherpunks. These are the best cryptographers in the world who helped the bitcoin technology emerge and have given it credit, as well as shedding light on revolutionary technology.
What is a (crypto) community?
Suppose we have a look at the definition of community. In that case, we find:
- a unified body of individuals: such as the people with common interests living in a particular area
- a group of people with a common characteristic or interest living together within a larger society
- a body of persons of common and especially professional interests scattered through a larger society
Crypto communities were born with people with shared crypto and freedom interests, living on the internet. They are linked by a shared policy (e.g., decentralization, banking freedom, currency sovereignty) but are still part of a larger society. Everybody can join the ownership by owning cryptos! And that’s the beautiful thing about it.
Now that we know that the emergence of crypto and blockchain technologies is due to their communities, how do we use this strength by being a blockchain project?
The answer is with Horizen and its Zenvangelists!
The Horizen Ambassador Program
The Zenvangelists are active members form the Horizen community who are dedicated to contributing to and growing with Horizen.
Zenvangelists are web3 believers from all walks of life who are passionate about Horizen. Anybody can become a Zenvangelist, as long as they are:
- A part of the Horizen community.
- Interested in cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology in general
- Always willing to help other members of the community
- Eager to contribute to the growth of the Horizen community
- Want to be committed to continuous learning and education
- Be a self-starter (autonomous, self-taught, in short: passionate)
How do we empower our Zenvangelists?
- We are always available for guidance and support
- We hold monthly meetings where they can discuss community matters and share ideas with the Horizen team and leadership
- Zenvangelists have exclusive early access to new Horizen product and service releases before the public
- We help Zenvangelists grow their personal network and reach, improve their skill sets, and provide event opportunities to represent Horizen.
- We reward Zenvangelists for their effort in many ways, including swagkit, ZEN rewards, free event participations etc.
Some are Legends!
They are OGs, community, and project backbones or have joined us recently but have shown exceptional activity: let me introduce you to the Legend Zenvangelists.
Let me introduce you to our Zenvangelists: Mahnoor, our daily task moderator, PVM, our party organizer, DeFi-Money-Printer, our livestream host, Paragism, our technical writer and Xavier, our technologies tester and community teacher.
Let’s get to know each of them a little more!
Horizen inspired artwork from Zenvangelist Sidarta0
“I love the sleeping astronaut. A lot. But also Topsy Turvy, one of the first artworks that got people from Horizen further interested in letting me have art on their products. I still have the original; it blows my mind that no one has ever bought it. I love the colors and the weird randomness. It was created in the flow. One of my favorites. Because I still remember the process. It was a fun piece to do. And also very hard to do again.”
Last but not least, special thanks to Psyrax, JC, our Legend Zenvangelist SupportMan, who is always available to assist the community with any node/mining-related questions. You’re the backbone of our Discord server, essential to the community. So, thank you!
Do you want to join the Horizen Ambassador Program and become a Zenvangelists? Visit this page to apply.
How to get involved without being a Zenvangelist?
Become a #ZenFren and participate in the #daily-tasks channel on Discord to be rewarded for being active in the community.
Join the Horizen Early Adopter Program to test new products before public releases
The HCC’s goal is to bring more decentralization into the Horizen project.
ZenIPs are meant to push improvement proposals to the greater Horizen ecosystem.
Horizen social media channels: