TokenMint is an easy-to-use platform for anyone to launch a token using custom tokenomics without having to know a single line of code. It streamlines and simplifies the tokenization process, making creating a fungible token and non-fungible token (NFT) easy and quick.
TokenMint’s NFT creation and minting feature is going live on mainnet soon but is available on testnet and is free for everyone to use!
The TokenMint platform is designed to provide a seamless, simple, and intuitive user experience. There are four components available to launch your NFT:
- TokenMint Chain – a sidechain built on the Horizen network
- Token/NFT Generator – a web app that allows a streamlined and easy process for anyone to create and mint a token with custom tokenomics.
- Cobalt wallet – a web browser extension wallet that stores and manages tokens created on TokenMint
- TokenMint Block explorer – a block explorer that tracks and displays all transactions on the TokenMint Chain.
Step-by-Step Guide for Creating an NFT on TokenMint
Before starting the process, please download and install the latest version of Cobalt wallet.
If you need additional TestZEN for this process, please reference our How to Get TestZEN tutorial.
- Load NFT Data Into An IPFS Repository
- Copy the CID from the metadata folder on Pinata and that will be used for the Base URI on the TokenMint NFT generator.
Step 2 – Use the TokenMint NFT Generator
- Go to https://testnet.tokenmint.global/ and click on “Launch App”.
- Connect your Cobalt Wallet by clicking “Connect Wallet” on the top right corner
- Click on the NFTs tab in the top menu, then on Create Collection
- Fill in the Relevant Fields:
- Collection Name – which is the full name of your collection
- Collection Symbol – 3 to 6 characters long, only including letters and numbers.
- Base URI – The URI where the collection is stored (CID link from Metadata folder on Pinata)
- Item Supply – The amount of NFTs in the collection
- Unlimited Suppy – this can be toggled on or off
- Collection creation fee – the fee for creating an NFT on TokenMint is 0.25 ZEN
- Agree to the terms and conditions and hit confirm
- Wait for the token collection to finish generating. This can take a few minutes. Progress can be monitored on the Block Explorer
Step-by-Step Guide for Minting an NFT on TokenMint
Please ensure that the “TokenMint testnet” is chosen on your Cobalt Wallet.
- Once your NFT is generated, mint your NFT to your Cobalt wallet (NFT Mint Fee of 0.25 ZEN)
- Sign the transaction in your Cobalt Wallet
- Wait for the UUID to be generated, once confirmed, the NFT will be minted to your Cobalt Wallet
- Click the “NFTs” tab in your Cobalt Wallet and you should see your minted NFT with the following details:
- Collection Name
- Collection UUID
- Token ID
- IPFS Link (Where your image & metadata are stored)
- Ability to Send and View on the Explorer